*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926415-Always-Be-On-the-Look-Out-For-a-New-Adventure
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#926415 added January 5, 2018 at 1:26pm
Restrictions: None
Always Be On the Look Out For a New Adventure
Fun Fact Friday! So, I can't choose which "fun fact" to use today...but here's where I usually get them from: Pick one and tell us how it relates to you, how it makes you feel, how it punches you in the gut, or just stirs up whatever it is inside you that makes you wanna write something. The 30DBC commentariat has already been marching/dancing/grousing to full effect...shake your engaging tailfeathers and work with what I gave ya! *Wink*

1925 - Mrs. Nellie Taylor Ross was sworn in as the Governor of Wyoming She was the first female governor in the U.S.




Nellie Taylor Ross was married to William Ross, after they met in Tennessee in 1900. She had 4 sons. The Rosses' were democrats in a largely republican Wyoming.

After completing high school she attended training in a teachers training college. While she was training to be a teacher she taught piano lessons. Later she taught kindergarten for 4 years.

Her term as Governor of Wyoming only lasted 2 years. Although she was not reelected, she accomplished other important life works.

Franklin D. Roosevelt appointed her as Director of the United States Mint in 1933. She served 5 terms as Director of the U.S.Mint.

In her later years she wrote articles for women's magazines.

Nellie Ross lived for 101 years. She was a wife, mother, politician, and writer. Ross was the first women Governor of a State in the United States.

101 years gives a person lots of time to accomplish something. *Smile*

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nellie_Tayloe_Ross

Google Reference:"women (22D, 17R) have served as governors in 28 states. In addition, one woman has served as governor in Puerto Rico. Arizona is the first state where a woman succeeded another woman as governor, and the first state to have had four women governors."

New Mexico, South Carolina, Oklahoma, and New Hampshire had women governors in 2017.

Merit Badge in New Horizons Academy
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on winning   Second Place   for your entry to the September third round of the   WdC Birthday Celebration Reviewing Event  .

New Horizon semester sign up on 7th of January


Be Happy - Keep Motivated



© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926415-Always-Be-On-the-Look-Out-For-a-New-Adventure