*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926505-Creation-Saturday-Chasing-Inspiration
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#926505 added January 6, 2018 at 6:14pm
Restrictions: None
Creation Saturday: Chasing Inspiration
Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Creation Saturday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Good news! Your blog is being turned into a novel! But the publisher chose this as the cover picture, and it's in your promotional contract so you can't pick another:

1/6/18 30DBC Prompt.

Your job today is defending this decision by giving your potential readers the story behind it.

Chasing Inspiration

As you can see from the picture, one of my muse--as usual--is chasing inspiration. This particular muse is my hungry, or starving, poet muse. As you know, all--or at least the majority--of professional and/or talented poets are hungry, and always wondering where their next meal is coming from or how they are going to purchase food and pay the rent. Being a poet, is sort of like being a senior citizen; the difference is (unless the poet is like me and is a senior citizen, as well as a poet) senior citizens are worried about paying the rent and purchasing medication.


Anyway, in this photo my starving poet muse is chasing both inspiration, and the money to pay for my medication, while attempting to pay the rent. That is why, after consulting all of my muse, I decided to allow this blog to be turned into a novel. According to my publisher, there are several cliff hanger episodes in my young, and more adventurous years, which may explain why I'm using a walker at the young age of 71. Let's face it, you can only step out of a pick-up into a ditch so many times before your knees and ankles start to complain.

The biggest problem I see, in turning my blog into a novel, is that I never intentionally--or accidentally--killed anyone. I did shut myself into an old refrigerator when I was a child, but I survived. That was an accident when I was playing a game of hide-and-seek. Let's just say, I won the game because the only person who was able to find me was Grandpa Frank. As you know, in a game of hide-and-seek (at least when children are playing it) it doesn't count if an adult finds you.

I encourage everyone reading this introduction to go to the first chapter. Each chapter ends in a cliff hanger, and all of them are exciting. They may not all contain moments of death defying danger, but they are all exciting. After reading this novel, you will wonder how I ever survived childhood, much less lived to celebrate my 71st birthday.

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926505-Creation-Saturday-Chasing-Inspiration