*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926657-Demons-of-Our-Fears-and-Selfishness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#926657 added January 8, 2018 at 2:12pm
Restrictions: None
Demons of Our Fears and Selfishness
Monday, January 8, 2018

It is the demons of our fears
and selfishness
that hold us back.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1483
Isabel Allende says in her novel, Maya, “Our demons lose their power when we pull them out of the depths where they hide and look them in the face in broad daylight.” What do you think of those things Allende calls demons? Are there any such demons you can think of that are hiding deep inside you or in someone you know that could inspire a story, novel, or poem? How?

Demons of Our Fears and Selfishness

Humans are dual natured beings, with a physical body and a spiritual soul. The soul and the body become partners at the moment of conception. While in the womb of the mother, the body develops everything it will need to survive on the physical plane or world. If something interferes with that development than the child will be born with some type of disability. This doesn't mean that the child can't survive or prosper on the physical plane. When the child is born on the physical plane, its soul begins to develop the attributes it needs in the spiritual world.


I think, that what Ms Allende calls demons are those fears and selfish desires that are common to all human beings. As we go through our physical life, we have to deal with the duality of our nature, and the ego that is part of our physical being. The ego, or insistent self, doesn't want us to develop our spiritual side for one reason or another. It is our spiritual nature that inspires stories, novels, or poetry. This doesn't mean that our ego doesn't contribute or attempt to contribute to our creative efforts. Once the inspiration is received, most writers go with the flow (so to say), and this usually means that all our past experiences and emotions assist in writing the story, poem, or novel.

As we move through this physical life, we have to learn to deal with our personal demons. These demons are the bad things that happened in the past, which we can't let go. Each individual has to learn to deal with their own demons in their own way. I deal with mine through prayer, meditation, reading the Baha'i scriptures, and writing. I can't tell anyone else how to deal with their demons because this is something each of us has to learn through living on the physical or material plan.

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926657-Demons-of-Our-Fears-and-Selfishness