*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926912-Cryogenic-Zombies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#926912 added January 12, 2018 at 1:19pm
Restrictions: None
Cryogenic Zombies
Friday, January 12, 2018

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1884
Fun facts for January 12th. https://popculturemadness.com/Trivia/January/12.php select one that interests you and discuss it.
1967 - Dr. James Bedford was the first person to be cryonically preserved with intent of future resuscitation. He is still frozen at the Alcor Life Extension Foundation.

Cryogenic Zombies

Cryonics is defined as the "process of freezing and storing the body of a diseased, recently deceased person to prevent tissue decomposition so that at some future time the person might be brought back to life upon development of new medical cures."1 In my opinion, this is just another way to procrastinate accepting the inevitability of the body's death. We all die! There is no getting away from this fact. While we live, we need to do everything possible, that is within the control of medical science, to stay alive. Since the soul separates from the body at death, I'm not sure what good it would do to freeze your body and wait for a cure.


Cryogenic zombies,
sleeping in deep freeze,
are waiting to be defrosted.

Before today, I never thought about the spiritual aspect of cryonically frozen bodies. The main question that comes to mind is "Would the soul return to the body when it is reanimated?" Would the soul even want to return after decades or centuries? I doubt it, I know I wouldn't. I have to admit that the idea of cryogenic zombies or Frankensteins would make a good science fiction/horror plot. Would they be shambling across the planet looking for their souls?

Footnotes
1  https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Cryonically


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926912-Cryogenic-Zombies