*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926918-I-dont-think-I-need-the-Competition-of-Two-of-Me
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#926918 added January 12, 2018 at 3:40pm
Restrictions: None
I don't think I need the Competition of Two of Me
Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1998, 19 European nations agreed to prohibit human cloning. What are your thoughts on cloning? Would you consider doing it, if you were guaranteed the results would be used for ethical purposes? Or would you and your clone decide a life of shenanigans was more fun?

Did you know cloning was first accomplished sometime in the 1950's but the public was not informed until after the year 2000?

I'm not good at shenanigans - born to close to the end of WWII. So, that is out. I just read, The Cloud by Ray Hammond. It is a science fiction story about aliens and the effects of giving synthetic beings human personalities. It is not cloning. But, it has some relevance to this subject. To directly answer your question, I would have to know what the ethical purpose would be? Guess that leaves the question hanging somewhat?

I'm not against growing organs from tissue for personal use to renew the body because you are using DNA organs to replace DNA organs. On the other hand I think people will always think up ways to do unethical things if they have that kind of a mind set. A cloned human would still have the ability to learn different subjects or follow different paths from the original. Is it a copy of a body only without a soul?

Cloning isn't perfect art. I read somewhere (maybe a fictional story) that cloned bodies always have some difference from the original. Lots of things to think about if you are cloning or clowning *Laugh*


We need to go to the stars. Exploration and colonies on other worlds will give scientists something better to do than build two of any other type of body.

Just think two dragons blowing flames???? *SeahorseO*

Bye Now

© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926918-I-dont-think-I-need-the-Competition-of-Two-of-Me