*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927193-Talk-Tuesday-Life-on-the-Hood
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#927193 added January 16, 2018 at 1:05pm
Restrictions: None
Talk Tuesday: Life on the Hood
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
The Talk Tuesday prompt for "Invalid Item
Some of your fellow 30DBC challengers have moved into your neighborhood. What are we doing for fun when we all hang out?

Life on the Hood

The first question I want answered is why? I understand the reason people want to move to Las Vegas, after all the climate (most of the year) is good, maybe not great, but good. We have have legal gambling, two sports stadiums, numerous museums, various ethnic restaurants, open mic poetry readings (numerous locations), an arts district, and First Friday. I want to know the reason, anyone from outside of the city, would want to move into my hood. True it's a culturally and ethnically diverse neighborhood. However, most of those living here are disenfranchised, low or no income, living either from paycheck to paycheck or government check to government check.


Very few, if any, of the people have medical benefits that aren't medicare or medicaid. Those who can work, attempt to find jobs, otherwise they get by however they can. We have families and senior citizens in this neighborhood, living on the edge of survival. Most of the men in this neighborhood are good fathers, they attempt to take care of their children and the children's mothers the best the can. However, if anyone were to ask them what neighborhood the would like to live in with their families, I suspect most would say else where in the city.

That is why I admire Cinn , Elle - on hiatus , Lyn's a Witchy Woman , ♥Hooves♥ , and Linda for looking at the apartments for rent. I don't know yet if they signed leases, but at least they looked at the apartments. I think some of them was a bit discombobulated when they saw some of the apartments, next to the ones they were looking at, had their doors and windows broken in by the police. The police have to break out all the doors and windows before they send in the dogs. Another thing I suspect upset them was the F-bombs thrown in the bitch wars that were going on that day.

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927193-Talk-Tuesday-Life-on-the-Hood