*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927211-Sense-of-Humor
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#927211 added January 16, 2018 at 6:30pm
Restrictions: None
Sense of Humor
Prompt: “A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing."
William James
What do you make of this quot
e?

=============

Common sense is something that arises from wisdom. Wisdom is giving each thing, event, or feeling its reasonable place in life. Humor helps this process flow more smoothly.

When we meet challenges with a sense of humor, we are better able to see new possibilities and options. Otherwise, we would run the risk of seeing the darker or grayer areas in everything.

As an example, why do people dance in weddings? A wedding, in its essence, is the celebration of a serious affair, a marriage, which is two people tying up the knot or rather themselves to each other for the rest of their lives. When you think of the repercussions of the seriousness involved here, nobody would dare get married, but the fun part of it, the wedding, makes this very serious idea easier to handle. The wedding and the dancing emphasize the good-work or good-relationship idea in the serious business of marriage through fun and laughter.

A sense of humor has the same spirit-lifting and lightening effect on wisdom and its offspring, common sense.

© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927211-Sense-of-Humor