*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927222-Done-It-All-and-Been-Everywhere
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#927222 added January 16, 2018 at 11:37pm
Restrictions: None
Done It All and Been Everywhere
Prompt: What do you think it means when someone says: "They have done it all and been everywhere?" Just curious about what others think about this.


=============

Those words only remind me of a Johnny Cash song. Other than that, I’d revert to logic and question that someone about what he or she is saying. Who are “they”? What do you mean by “all” as no one can do everything that there is, and where is everywhere? Does that everywhere include the other star systems and galaxies for example?

Truth is, this saying is a hyperbole, which means it is an exaggerated statement or claim not meant to be taken literally. In other words, don’t pay attention or look for meaning in that person’s speech. If the statement would be in the first person as “I have done it all and been everywhere,” then, I’d think the person saying it was suffering from exaggerated false pride. As it is, the statement is just a manner of speaking in a gossipy, exaggerated fashion. To find meaning in it, one has to know the other sentences around it or the topic of discussion.


*Bookopen*----------------*Bookopen*



Something Possibly Usable:

Looking through an old flash drive, I found a few notes in a word file. A long time ago someone must have sent me these 10 most important scenes to include in a novel. Not that original and I’ve never used this before; plus I am not sure who it was that did the sending. (C.S. Lakin maybe?) Since I want to keep the information as a reference, as formulaic as it is, I am posting it here.

#1: The hook and opening setup (first scenes)

#2: The disturbance or opportunity (10% mark) that starts the new direction.

#3: First Pinch Point: usually introduces the force of the opposition (33%, also called “First plot point”) and pushes the character along.

#4: Twist #1. Complication before the midpoint that impacts protagonist’s path toward his goal (which is locked in around the 25% mark).

#5: Midpoint. Character balancing on the knife’s edge—going forward now means no going back.

#6: Pinch Point #2. The opposition comes full force. New developments add tension and complications

#7: Twist # 2: big complication that will lead to scene 8. Usually some reversal, betrayal, unforeseen complication.

#8: Dark night of soul (turning point #4). Utter hopelessness. Biggest danger and belief she will fail.

#9: The big climax moment when hero reaches her goal and realizes her true essence.

#10: the end and resolution that wraps it all up and shows the results of reaching (or not) the goal.

© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927222-Done-It-All-and-Been-Everywhere