*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927224-INTIMACY
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#927224 added January 16, 2018 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
INTIMACY

TS: Now Adya, here in this conversation, when you were talking about these awakening moments, markers, turning points in your life, you actually were quite moved—emotionally moved. I’m here with you, so I can see it in your face, hear it in your voice. What’s going on for you, that you’ve had this . . . ?

A: That’s a really good question, Tami. I don’t actually know, and the reason I say this is, I don’t talk about this stuff a lot, but I do share it when I feel it’s useful. In the early days, shortly after this stuff [occurred], it would create a kind of emotion, because there’s a kind of poignancy and significance.

It’s like the deepest jewel you have, you’re sharing [it] with somebody. It’s more meaningful to you than you could ever describe. But for years—I would say for the better part of 10 or 15 years—I haven’t really gotten emotional when I’ve described it. So it was as much a surprise to me as it was to you or to anybody else.

I don’t know why I felt that, but the poignancy of it was what I was really experiencing. I just felt how valuable it is to me. How valuable. Not the past, but how it’s living now, that’s almost like—maybe it has to do with age, also. It’s almost like feeling that the older you get, you realize the gifts that you’ve been given and you appreciate them. You know? It’s a different time of life. I’m 52 instead of 32. Maybe that’s some of it too.

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927224-INTIMACY