*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928086-January-31-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#928086 added January 31, 2018 at 8:00am
Restrictions: None
January 31, 2018
"January 31, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

** Image ID #1998652 Unavailable ** Prompt: "All major changes are like death. You can't see to the other side until you are there.”
― Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park
Let this quote inspire your blog entry."

I would have to agree with Michael. Change is a lot like death. We never know what we are going to be when a major change is made so we resist it for fear of the unknown. Even Jesus had fear of death. The night before He was crucified He prayed "Father if it is your will let this cup pass by me. However not my will but yours be done," Luke 22:42.

Jesus knew He was going to overcome death before He even endured it but yet He was afraid, not because of the great pain He would endure but because of the change in the relationship He would face with His Father. For the first time in eternity Jesus would be totally isolated from the Father because God would be forced to leave Him as the guilt of the sin of man was placed upon Him. So even Jesus was reluctant to change. Change is hard on anybody. However I have come to depend on and trust God. I know that God can take all change and make something beautiful of it. God is a god of miracles. He literally turns rot into food for us on a daily basis. Why should I not trust Him when facing a major change? They always turn out to be for the best.

Blog City image small Prompt: "Life was reduced to it's 4 basic elements: air, food, drink and a good friend." Sue Grafton What are your views on this? "

From the world's point of view I'd say she is absolutely right. However the world has a distorted point of view. The truth of the matter is that true life boils down to having a relationship with Jesus Christ and knowing Him as your personal Savior. Food and drink can sustain the body but the body is destructible. In fact the body will grow old, wear out, and die if we live long enough. The soul will never die. It will live forever with Jesus or die eternally in hell. Hell is not the party place that common folklore makes it out to be. It is a place of eternal torment and destruction. The only way to avoid hell is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. God is holy and cannot stand to look upon sin. Therefore all who do not accept Jesus Christ as Savior will be eternally separated from Him. However He has made it possible for us to avoid eternal separation. He Himself became a man and died in our place. All sin requires death as a reward. It's either we die as a result of our own sin or we accept the substitutionary death of the Son of God and avoid our penalty. The choice is ours. Somebody asks why a loving God would send anybody to Hell. A loving God won't send anybody to hell. He has already paid our penalty and wants us with Him eternally. A just God will destroy those who refuse His gift but He won't destroy them. By their unbelief and lack of faith they will destroy themselves. So all in all Sue Grafton is wrong in her worldly assumptions. Food, drink, and good friends are not the ultimate goal in life. Jesus Christ is.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards
Sig for nominees

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928086-January-31-2018