*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928408-Au-Naturale
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2147746
Gettin' to know me.
#928408 added February 5, 2018 at 12:31am
Restrictions: None
Au Naturale
Yesterday my 2.5 year old son woke up, clutched his stomach, and told me his brain hurt.

I tried not to laugh as I poured him a bowl of cereal and fixed his "brain".

His was an easy fix. However, there are times when the stomach ache is more than hunger pains.
When that happens, I turn to my trusty herbs, spices, tinctures, and essential oils.

Herbs and Spices

I've found the natural medicines fascinating to research and usually they work better than the man made stuff.

Tummy ache? Drink some peppermint tea.

Headache? Soak your feet in a mixture of hot water and ground ginger for 30 minutes.

Fighting an infection? Eat garlic and/or apply a garlic poultice (keeping in mind, of course, that garlic naturally thins the blood).

Want to keep nasty germs at bay? Spray your hands with Thieves' Oil.

Eye infection? Find a friend who will share breast milk...or dose yourself with chamomile tea.
Cooled, of course. You don't want to scald your eyeballs!

Want to heal a cut and keep it from infection? Slather it with honey.

Ah, there are so many awesome remedies out there!

Today I decided to use some of my herbal knowledge to write a story for the "Invalid Item challenge. As I wrote I couldn't help but wonder if my fictional story might one day be reality. With super-bugs thwarting antibiotics and simple flus striking folks down in the prime of life, we might eventually need to go back to the more natural cures.

A little bit of knowledge can go a long way in keeping one healthy. Give it a try...look up a natural cure for a simple ailment. You never know when a simple herb or spice might save your life!









© Copyright 2018 Genipher (UN: geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Genipher has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928408-Au-Naturale