*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928459-Eight-Legged-Terror
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2147746
Gettin' to know me.
#928459 added February 6, 2018 at 12:54am
Restrictions: None
Eight-Legged Terror
*Spider*


I hate spiders.


Any normal person would agree that they're *Spider* nasty, creepy little buggers.

Sure, they serve a purpose and as long as they stay outside and mind their own business, I have no beef with them. But as soon as they sneak inside my house? They're signing their death warrant.

*Spider*


We recently bought our first house. It has a basement that we dream of remodeling one day when we're ridiculously rich or, you know, save up the funds.

In the basement there are...

...spiders. *Spider*


It really can't be helped. There are too many cracks and *Spider* crevices from the outside leading in for them to not come in. Still, when they dare to enter my domain, they're squished.

I honestly hadn't thought much about the spider presence in the basement, though my 8-year-old had complained plenty about them. *Spider* He had warned me several times that the spiders were waiting to attack should he risk going down to use the second bathroom.

*Spider* But I didn't listen.

I had the audacity to march downstairs and start a load of laundry. Completing my task, I came back upstairs, added some wood to the fireplace, smiled at the husband, and attempted to walk into the kitchen only to have said husband scream at me to, "Stop!"

I thought I was about to walk into a spider.*Spider*

It was much worse...there was already a spider hitching a ride on my neck!

My Knight in Shining Armor flung out a mighty hand and flung the foul beast from my neck, to the floor, where our *Spider* children promptly started screaming hysterically before it was squashed to smithereens.

I will never go down into that basement again!







© Copyright 2018 Genipher (UN: geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Genipher has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928459-Eight-Legged-Terror