*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928723-February-11-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#928723 added February 11, 2018 at 5:06am
Restrictions: None
February 11, 2018
{entry Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image smallGroup signature.

Group signature.Prompt: "Write about three things that bother you."

As a Christian this prompt is easy for me to write about because it always disturbs me to think that people can look around them at the beauty of creation and believe that all of this just popped out of nothing and that man somehow descended from apes. I think evolution probably bothers me the most of the two. How can any reasonably thinking person who has the utterest bit of respect for themselves possibly accept that their relatives ever scratched their backside and swung from trees? We try to teach our children that life has value and meaning but then turn around and cheapen life by telling them that it's meaningless and that they are merely over glorified apes? Now that really gets under my skin! If somebody wants to go down to the local zoo to visit their great uncle they can go right ahead. None of my relatives were ever apes! Why I go ape crazy just at the thought that man can be that stupid!

It also bothers me that intelligent people can accept that something came from nothing. "Okay class. Here is how the world began. There was absolutely nothing. Then a big explosion occurred with no material existing to cause the explosion but one occurred and suddenly the world evolved just as we see it today."

Why not tell them that it magically just appeared in it's present form? It would be just about as believable as to say that a big bunch of nothing suddenly exploded and billions of nothings later everything existed. Why even an elementary school student has sense enough to know that nothing cannot suddenly become something! Either you have nothing and it remains nothing or you have something and it remains something! Nothing ever suddenly just pops into being and it never will.

Finally the third thing that really perturbs me is to talk to people about the reality of hell and have them say they don't want to become Christians and avoid hell. God isn't going to condemn anybody to hell. A lot of people are going to condemn themselves to hell by avoiding a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. God has paved a super highway for us to travel on and provided us a luxury car in which to ride. We don't have to do a thing but accept the gift but people refuse? They say they'd rather go to hell. Why don't they pour gasoline over their heads and light a match then? If they want to burn in hell so badly why not burn now?

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards
{image;2118746-50%}

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928723-February-11-2018