*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928960-In-Limbo
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#928960 added February 15, 2018 at 9:37am
Restrictions: None
In Limbo
As predicted my son took the children to Manchester airport on Sunday to meet their mother. I have no idea what sort of frame of mind she has returned with or how things are panning out in their home. As he said he could hardly change the locks and they both need somewhere to live and he cannot afford to rent two properties.

Again as predicted things have gone very quiet on the communication front and he only sends me snippets of news regarding the children and his work. I don't know if he feels embarrassed because he has taken her back against everyone's advice, including the solicitor or if he's scared of conflict as he's perfectly aware how I feel about her and knows I will not entertain her back in my life.

Time will tell. Social workers, child protection and other authorities will be involved for a while and I'm not sure she will be able to deal with all that or agree to any plans suggested to her. But, ultimately it is their problem and they need to sort out the future for themselves. I don't want him treading on eggshells around her or suffering for the sake of the children. I am pretty convinced there'll be further incidents before long which makes me nervous, but I have to try and step backwards for a while. I am entitled to a life of my own at some stage.

In other news there has been so much rainfall this year I fear the nearby river may overflow and I'll need to build an ark before long. I bet by summer there'll be talk of droughts however. There are also major road works in the town for the next few months while they lay a new drainage system so I may not be able to escape if I needed to.

I have actually started writing a little on a project I have had ideas for over a long period of time. It may turn out to be quite dark and shocking and I'm wary of sharing it with my new writing group as they don't know me or my circumstances very well. But 'shy bairns get nowt,' as my friend John says so I'll be sharing the first part of it with them tonight. I just hope time and enthusiasm don't dwindle again or there's another trauma that halts my plans. Better touch wood.


© Copyright 2018 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928960-In-Limbo