*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927493-Alone-Again-Naturally
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#927493 added January 22, 2018 at 1:23pm
Restrictions: None
Alone Again Naturally
She's gone as I predicted. I can't say I'm sorry, but what sort of woman goes off to Cambodia leaving three small children and all the problems she's caused behind her? No doubt she'll spend three weeks sitting on the beach sipping cocktails and not give a thought to the mess she's left behind. Part of me hopes she won't return, but there are the children to consider and she is their mother after a fashion.

My son has returned home after a court application and is now free of any charges against him thank goodness. Again I ask what sort of woman accuses her husband of all manner of horrible things, spends weeks sending foul and abusive text messages then starts sending him food via the children? Crazy or what?

The children will hopefully spend three settled and more peaceful weeks with their Dad in their own home and he will be able to focus on his work and their activities without any hassle from her. But I have to question his emotional state too. After being subjected to weeks of hell caused by her and enduring abuse with no substance how can he accept her food or contemplate picking her up from the airport when she returns? Theirs is the strangest and most volatile relationship I've ever encountered.

Maybe I'm an intolerant and unforgiving person, but I cannot forgive her for all the lies, problems and anxiety she has caused. My son is not blameless I admit, but he is basically a decent person, whereas she has confirmed she is a deeply unstable, vicious, selfish, vindictive bitch and that's putting it mildly. I know I can no longer have her in my home or return to lending her money, tolerating her mood swings and preferably never want to see her again.

But I have a feeling my son will relent and go back to her and a very tough life. His choice I know and not my place to interfere. I understand he does not want the children to be upset or become involved in custody battles. I appreciate how difficult and heartbreaking it would be to walk away, start over and not be with the children he adores at all times, but my heart bleeds to think he would tolerate the way she treats him and the risk of another episode like this one, which I'm pretty sure would happen in time.

I know the complexities of a difficult marriage from experience and I also know how hard it is to walk away. Part of me is saddened as there have been good family times in the past and I felt I had some sort of relationship with Mey Ling. But the abuse she has poured on me for no reason whatsoever is totally unacceptable and I cannot forgive or forget it. I would not have addressed my worst enemy with the words she's sent to me, never mind a mother in law who has tried over and over again to be kind, helpful and tolerant. Having said that, she is the mother of my grandchildren and if Paul goes back to her then I will find myself in a very difficult position.

Apologies for the harsh words, but people who fully understand the atrocious ordeal we've gone through these last couple of months know I am not being unreasonable. Only time will tell as regards the future and one day at a time still applies, but I have a feeling this whole saga cannot and will not result in a solution that doesn't cause a lot more angst and heartache.


© Copyright 2018 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927493-Alone-Again-Naturally