*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929026-Loving-You-Is-Easy-Cuz-Youre
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2147746
Gettin' to know me.
#929026 added April 3, 2018 at 7:36pm
Restrictions: None
Loving You Is Easy 'Cuz You're...
*Heart* WDC *Heart*

"Have you seen today's prompt?"

Every morning my daughter and I go through the same routine. We start by asking the above question and then spend a good hour (usually more) haunting WDC. We read all the entries at the Writer's Cramp, come up with ideas for the new prompts Sophy and her gang of word thugs throws at us, check in on all our favorite contests, and peek in on some of our favorite authors.

We celebrate with each other when one of us receives a Merit Badge or Awardicon...though we're also racing to see who can get the most community recognitions. Since I joined WDC a year before she did, I'm currently in the lead.
(Send me badges, y'all, lest she beat her poor 'ol ma!)

This eldest redheaded minion daughter of mine had been eagerly waiting for a year to join WDC. As soon as she turned 13, she asked if she could create an account. Since then, we've both become addicted to this place. It's like our second home.

Now my almost 9-year-old son is asking if he can join the WDC family. He *Heart* LOVES *Heart* to write stories.
I told him he has to follow the rules and wait a few more years.

My 6-year-old has even longer to wait. Though once Big Sis offered to post one of her stories here and since then, Dee wants to enter
all. the. time.

So far the only one that doesn't want to write is my 11-year-old dude, Bee.

I don't know how my writing genes didn't get downloaded into his programming when he was being formed in the womb.
How could I possibly have had a child who despises writing so?

I blame his dad. His mathy genes were, apparently, stronger than my writing genes.

At any rate, WDC can expect an influx of redheaded writers in the upcoming years.

All except that oddball of ours, of course.

So beware! Not only will we be taking over the world, we'll be taking over the web, as well!

Mwahahahahaha!






© Copyright 2018 Genipher (UN: geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Genipher has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929026-Loving-You-Is-Easy-Cuz-Youre