*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929043-The-Teachings-of-Zen-Master
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#929043 added February 17, 2018 at 12:20am
Restrictions: None
The Teachings of Zen Master
One must follow the way with sincerity and integrity. Even though there are slightly different teaching styles, the Way is one. If you are not sincere you will be wasting your time and suffer a mental loss.

If you practice Zen and resolve life’s great question then all your bad actions and sins for many lives will be extinguished, and you will end the suffering of samsara.

While you are practicing, give up your function as a human being: become deaf, blind and stupid (not clever). If you don’t attach to anything then the big ‘I’ appears by itself.

No matter what a person has done, you should respect him like a Buddha. This is the very essence of Buddhism.

The Buddha's cousin Devadatta harassed the Buddha throughout his life. And finally, Devadatta was put through a living hell. He was put through this as an expedient to protect other people from his wiles.

But how was the Buddha supposed to treat Devadatta, his own cousin but his greatest of enemies?

He rewarded him with Supreme Enlightenment.

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929043-The-Teachings-of-Zen-Master