*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929282-Childhood-Memories-The-Lake
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#929282 added February 23, 2018 at 5:02pm
Restrictions: None
Childhood Memories: The Lake
"Invalid Item Day 22: Write about a childhood memory.

Childhood memories,
some are good,
and some are bad,
but none of them are ever indifferent.

I always enjoyed going to The Lake (I don't know the name of this recreational area because we always called it The Lake) with Grandma Mary and Grandpa Frank. It was here that I learned to water ski, and got my arm caught in the rope to the skis. I almost panicked, but I freed my arm with only a rope burn. It was also here that I saw a UFO, which was round and shaped like a saucer.

Every year, on the Fourth of July, we went to The Lake and set off fireworks. Grandpa always held the roman candles in his hand, and sit on the hood of the car, when he ignited them. One year one of the roman candles backfired. He jumped off the car, and brushed the sparks off of his shirt. No matter what weird stuff happened at The Lake, I have more pleasant memories from their than any other type.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929282-Childhood-Memories-The-Lake