*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929338-Workin-Myself-Out-of-a-Job
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2147746
Gettin' to know me.
#929338 added February 23, 2018 at 1:32am
Restrictions: None
Workin' Myself Out of a Job
My redheaded minions children are ever-so-slowly becoming competent little people.

That fact hit home today when the wooden toy kitchen I ordered for our 6-year-old arrived in the mail today. Of course, assembly was required and, of course, I'm horrible with an electric drill. So I asked my 11-year-old son to put the kitchen together.


Toy Kitchen

He was happy to comply...especially since it meant he could put aside his math and grammar lessons!

Hey, shop is a class, too!

With his 8-year-old brother as his "nurse", he spent the next hour or so following the directions and piecing the project together. He hit a snag, at one point, that forced him to wait until dad could get home from work and exert some brute, caveman strength.
But after that, he was able to continue on his own.

And now his sister (and the other kiddos who're totally enamored with the kitchen) can cook up a storm!

Between his growing carpentry skills and his ability to prepare meals, I'll soon be out of a job!
Ah, the benefits of training kids to be helpful members of the pack family is finally starting to pay off!





© Copyright 2018 Genipher (UN: geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Genipher has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929338-Workin-Myself-Out-of-a-Job