*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930194-Perfect-knowledge
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#930194 added March 7, 2018 at 10:22pm
Restrictions: None
Perfect knowledge
Some like devotion, whereas others like knowledge.
What does this mean? The self-same bIiss of Brahman alone exists. Man cannot give up his taste for the joys to which he is addicted; he cannot conceive the possibility of still greater joys, for he has a predilection for the joys he knows.

Those who understand that even the delight derived from the
visions of the deities and such experiences is not eternal and that there is a distinct eternal Bliss which abides within oneself, alone take to the path of KnowIedge and their mind is ever busy with reasoning and inquiry until the dualistic concept held by them finally disappears. These are real Jnanis.

So also are they real Bhaktas who do not pay heed to anything but God, think of Him alone and do not even cast a glance at the enjoyment of sense-objects. Those are not real Bhaktas who pray to God to keep their enjoyments intact:
it is such people who argue about the merits of knowledge and devotion.

Perfect knowledge will soon dawn for those who give up everything and meditate on God alone, not wanting anything else.

But salvation is not to be obtained quickly by those who pray to God for enjoyments; however, this state of theirs will not last. As they are far away from the Self they are unable to see anything but enjoyments.

The closer one comes to the Self, the more one renounces.
What is enjoyment? It is to like that state in which one already is. What is renunciation? It is not to like that state in which one already is.

The world seems to be real only if the Self seems to be distant; as soon as the Self is felt to be near it is realized that the world is unreal. Only as long as the mind remains unsteady will duality appear. The steadier the mind the deeper the feeling of unity.

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930194-Perfect-knowledge