*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930845-The-World-Out-of-Balance
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#930845 added March 17, 2018 at 2:41pm
Restrictions: None
The World Out of Balance
Saturday, March 17, 2018

"…man through the possession of this ideal endowment of scientific investigation is the most noble product of creation."
Abdu’l-Baha, 12

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1948:
"Science means constantly walking a tightrope between blind faith and curiosity; between expertise and creativity; between bias and openness; between experience and epiphany; between ambition and passion; and between arrogance and conviction - in short, between an old today and a new tomorrow." ~ Heinrich Rohrer Pick out a pair of opposites in this quote and write something about them in your blog entry.

This quote emphasizes the balance that should exist on Earth and in the lives of each human being. Balance exists in the universe, but it doesn't exist on Earth or in the lives of human beings. One of the reasons it doesn't exists is that many people think that science and religion are enemies, and can't coexist peacefully. This isn't true, science and religion are like the wings of a bird. A bird can't fly is one wing is injured, so it is with civilization. Civilization can't raise to the glories heights God intended it to reach without either science or religion.


Science deals with the laws of the material realm that govern the physical, while religion is concerned with the spiritual laws that influence the human soul. Science without the influence of the spiritual side of human nature will destroy the planet and humanity. Religion when it ignores science is superstition. In order to prosper, both before and after the death of the body humanity needs both science and religion.

As a Baha'i, I accept Baha'u'llah as the latest messenger from God. One of the teachings of Baha'u'llah is that science and religion are complementary3. They are not enemies, rather they are both necessary. One of the bridges between science and religion is one of the bridges between science and religion is quantum physics4 I have been a Baha'i for over twenty years (I declared my belief in Baha'u'llah in the last century), and I still have a great deal to learn about interconnection of science and religion, and about the other teaching of Baha'u'llah, the Glory of God. I am convinced that the world will continue to be out of balance as long as science and religion are considered enemies.

Search for truth independently,
God intended for us to use our minds,
use the scientific method and ask questions.

Footnotes
1  Baha’i World Faith, p. 243.
2  Quoted in "Spirituality and the Scientific Method" by Gregory Samsa & Jerry Schoendorf http://bahaiteachings.org/spirituality-and-the-scientific-method.
3  http://bahaiteachings.org/science-religion-complementary
4  http://bahaiteachings.org/quantum-physics-bridge-between-science-religion


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930845-The-World-Out-of-Balance