*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931118-donating-my-body-to-science
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#931118 added March 21, 2018 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
donating my body to science
War Chest Wednesday! From the vault...

Would you allow your government the opportunity to give you anything and everything you want in life in exchange for allowing them to perform experiments on you randomly?

The simple answer is no. I would not give blanket permission for any study that the government wanted to run. I would need to consider each study on a case by case basis and have the right of refusal. Given the reward, I doubt that in this scenario, that is the case. I am not confident in the government’s power to come up with reasonable studies or their ability to control my personal and private information afterward. I’m also not confident of their ability to give me anything and everything I want in life.

That isn’t to say I wouldn’t participate in studies. Right now, my family is involved in a study (not allowed to say what they’re researching) that we get paid for periodically and which doesn’t require a behavioral change. It isn’t sponsored by the government.

If we took the government out of it, and considered studies and rewards on a case by case basis, I’d probably go for most.

© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931118-donating-my-body-to-science