*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931346-Continuing-To-Walk-With-My-Knees-Is-A-Success
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#931346 added March 23, 2018 at 8:45pm
Restrictions: None
Continuing To Walk With My Knees Is A Success
Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1972, daredevil Evel Knievel broke 93 bones after successfully jumping 35 cars *Shock*. What would you say has been your biggest success that also came with a great personal cost?                                    
I cannot fathom earning a living in this manner! I suspect he not only risked his neck to jump several cars, but he achieved a world record in the most human bones fractured in the pursuit of that feat. Where was Evel's mother when he decided to tempt fate? Did he try all manner of crazy things at home as a fearless child? Were his first stunts accomplished on his bicycle? Was it an oh well boys will be boys mentality? Did she just stop opposing him, and instead purchase a top of the line helmet? The bandages and first aid supplies must have been ferried home by the truckload.
My autistic cousin Paulie worshipped "Ebel Kniebel". Our Nan created a white jumpsuit complete with a long, flowing red cape for him to wear as he imitated his hero. Luckily, Paulie never had the inexplicable urge to jump his pretend motorbike over anything higher than a curb. Once in a while, he did fling himself from the back of a sofa though.
         So, to answer the blog question, I dunno. I certainly have never felt a hankering to commit death-defying stunts like Mr. Evel. Does ascending and descending a set of stairs count as a dangerous feat? I attempt this everyday with varying success. My knees are leery of the steps, and more times than not they balk, and stumble. It's as if they perceive those stairs as an insurmountable hazard worthy of caution and distrust. With each passage, I sacrifice peace of mind, and smooth sailing.
         To physically leave my home, I must bypass nineteen steps to reach the street level. My accident(s) survivor , surgery scarred, and arthritic knees moan, groan, and protest the only way they know, with excruciating pain. I force them to carry me out and about. All I ask is that they get me from Point A to Point B. No running is expected, a sedate limp is effort enough. So, on most days, my greatest success is returning home free of a new injury.
          I don't have a catchy name like Evel, but then I'm not attempting to break any records, (or more bones).

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931346-Continuing-To-Walk-With-My-Knees-Is-A-Success