*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931455-Playing-with-our-food
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2147746
Gettin' to know me.
#931455 added March 25, 2018 at 2:50pm
Restrictions: None
Playing with our food
Jimmy Gourd


This last month, in an attempt to force the family into eating healthier, I bought a butternut squash. Being the procrastinator that I am, the poor gourd sat on the counter for a couple of weeks until one of the kids carted it out to the living room and started treating it like a baby doll.

"Look, mom! It's Jimmy Gourd from VeggieTales!"

Hmmm. I whipped out a permanent marker, gave ole Jimmy a face, and then the fun really began. Someone brought out a somewhat squishy tomato and transformed it into Bob. They had a blast playing with the food until someone decided to turn Jimmy into a soccer ball and I had to end the game.

That night, I finally got around to slicing Jimmy into pieces, tossing him into a pan, and eventually blending him into a butternut squash. The kids were thrilled that I was "cooking Jimmy". We sat down to dinner, giggling over the gourd's demise, and discovered that butternut squash sauce is rather disgusting.

The meal was an utter failure. But, hey, at least we got a bit of entertainment from the vegetable fruit before it was slaughtered.

*Brain* Fun Fact: Pumpkins, gourds, and squash are all considered fruits, not veggies! So, technically, Jimmy and Jerry Gourd shouldn't be on VEGGIEtales, right?

So, who is YOUR favorite VeggieTale character?




© Copyright 2018 Genipher (UN: geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Genipher has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931455-Playing-with-our-food