*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932153-HOW-TO-CULTIVATE-A-CLOUD
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#932153 added April 5, 2018 at 2:48pm
Restrictions: None
HOW TO CULTIVATE A CLOUD?
HOW TO CULTIVATE A CLOUD?

These days there's a kind of phony whose own standpoint is not genuine: they just teach people to control their minds and sit quietly, to sit to the point where the breath ceases. I call this lot pitiable. They just sit in a ghostly cave on a dark mountain after their meals. They call this practice "silent illumination", "dying the great death", "the state before the birth of one's parents." They sit there until calluses appear on their bottoms, yet they still do not dare to move.

I'm asking you to meditate in just this way, but though I instruct you like this, it's just that there's no other choice.

If there really were something to work on in meditation this way, it would defile you. This mind has no real substance: how can you forcibly bring it under control? If you try to bring it under control, where do you put it?

Since there's no place to put it, there's no times or seasons, no past or present, no ordinary or sages, no gain or loss, no quiet or confusion; there's no name of profound clarity and no essence of profound clarity and no function of profound clarity, no one who speaks thus of profound clarity and no one to hear such talk of profound clarity.

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932153-HOW-TO-CULTIVATE-A-CLOUD