*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932284-Friday-Schedule
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#932284 added April 7, 2018 at 4:33pm
Restrictions: None
Friday Schedule

"Blog Harbor from The Talent Pond PROMPT (DAY 6): I'm late posting. I'm sorry! Forget the theme today - It's FRIDAY! Have you had one of those days where you're just behind? What do you mean that is every day? *Laugh* Let's talk about what you have on your plate today. Share what you're doing - having a great day - or just holding your breath for Saturday to arrive? I look forward to reading and responding to every single one. *Smile*


I think this prompt would have been more accurate if it had said, "Have you had one of those days where you're not just behind?" *Laugh* Seriously, over the past I'd say month or so, I'm averaging about 60-80 hours per week at work, plus another 10-15 hours per week of commuting, so our life lately has been a lot of "work, commute, work some more, eat, sleep, commute, work, commute, work, eat, sleep, repeat" and not much else.

I'm a day late posting this, so here was my day yesterday (Friday), which is the first day in a long time I've intentionally decided to take time outside of the cycle described above:

I worked from home in the morning, so the best part of the day was not having to get up before dawn, get ready, and then commute two hours into work. Waking up at 8AM instead of 5AM is amazing. I managed to get a few hours of work done and my work email inbox down to about four emails.

Then we had to get packed up for our trip to San Diego. Two hours of packing, making sure the cat has everything she needs while we're gone, etc. After getting all packed up we met up with some friends to talk about adoption stuff (they've already done it, we're about to start)... lunch started later and ran later than we thought so we got on the road around 3PM instead of 1:30PM like we had hoped... which means we promptly ran into traffic and it took us three hours to get to San Diego instead of two. I checked my email once after lunch and discovered that I had over 50 new emails just from the past two hours... and then I checked my email when I got to dinner in San Diego and discovered another 150 new emails on top of the last 50 that I had received in the three hours it took to drive to San Diego.

We stopped for dinner at our favorite taco place in San Diego, then went to the hotel where we proceeded to veg out for the rest of the night. Well, my wife got to veg; I got caught up on the - by that time - 200 emails I had received since lunchtime. C'mon people; it's supposed to be Friday! *Angry* The hotel has a Smart TV that let us log into our Netflix, so between the long day and the access to Netflix, we were done for the day. *Laugh*

We woke up early today to have coffee with friends we haven't seen in a long time; then we're just going to putt around the city, stuff our faces, and enjoy being away from home for a weekend. It's been far too long since we've done anything other than recuperate at home after several very long weeks. *Smile*

© Copyright 2018 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932284-Friday-Schedule