*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932429-A-GRATEFUL-LIFE
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#932429 added April 9, 2018 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
A GRATEFUL LIFE
A GRATEFUL LIFE

"The war with God—which is another name for reality—always sees catastrophes looming, whether these are planetary or personal. It’s a very painful way to live.

But when you question your mind, thoughts flow in and out and don’t cause any stress, because you no longer believe them. And you instantly realize that their opposites could be just as true, or even truer.

Reality shows you, in that peace of mind, that there are no problems, only solutions. You know, to your very depths, that whatever happens is what should be happening and you know what to do.

If I lose my life or my children or the whole planet, I lose what wasn’t mine in the first place. It’s a good thing. Either that, or God is a sadist, and that’s not my experience.

In the meantime, I go about my business as if there were no life and no death (and there isn’t). My home is powered by the sun, my Segway is powered by my home, the car I drive is a Prius, I’m careful about recycling, I vote for people who say they are concerned about global warming and have a record to prove it, I give money to environmental causes.

I am fearless, worry-free, and I do whatever makes sense to me for my good, which is for the good of the whole. “Get solar panels,” the mind says, and there is no possible reason not to do it since all thoughts have been tested by inquiry.

“I can’t afford to do it”? “I can’t afford not to do it” was truer. The panels are installed, my electric bill was minus $23 this month, and at some point, I will have put back all that I have used, and more. This will match my existence: all traces gone, a grateful life given back to what it came from."

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932429-A-GRATEFUL-LIFE