*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932658-Colorful-Living
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#932658 added April 12, 2018 at 9:27pm
Restrictions: None
Colorful Living
Prompt: A colorful way of living. Write anything you want about this.

===

When I was much younger, I painted the walls in our bedroom, each wall a different color. Then I painted one wall blue in the living room but left the rest of the room stay white. The other rooms had dark panels, so I couldn’t touch them.

Yet, there is no need to come up with any coloring inside the house. I think, now, just being outdoors and watching the colors in nature is enough colorful living. Especially where we live now, we get fantastic sunsets with all the colors, different each time. Granted they don’t last long for being in the subtropics, but the colors are amazing. I also like the greens, all kinds of them, and multicolored tropical plants.

Color is a flexible thing, based on mood and time. Now that we are in April, the poetry month, colors exist in poetry too, and they can change or stay the same as a poet reacts to whatever he or she is writing about. Color in poetry comes about not only with the actual colors on the color wheel but also when the words and their sounds come together with a visible and energetic regularity. Can you see the colors in these lines by Rimbaud?

High glacial spears, white kings,
trembling Queen-Anne’s lace;
I, bloody spittle, laughter dribbling
from a face
In wild denial or in anger, vermilions
 ~

© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932658-Colorful-Living