*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932718-I-Cant-Write-to-Music
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#932718 added April 13, 2018 at 7:28pm
Restrictions: None
I Can't Write to Music
Do you write with music playing in the background? If so what kind of music inspires you? Feel free to share a song with us. If you don't why not?

=======

I love music, especially the classics. If I were to write while music would be playing in the background, that would probably be something from Vivaldi, Beethoven, or Ravel, but I don’t write while listening to music. Usually, I listen first, then write because my words would evaporate since music has a way of taking me away out of this world. I would end up listening to music and wouldn't be able to concentrate on what I am writing.

As to the kinds of music that I like, in addition to the Classics, I'm also partial to some of the pop pieces, folk songs, jazz, Broadway pieces, and easy listening, which my kids call elevator music. Among my favorites are Elvis Presley, Simon and Garfunkel, and some songs of the 1950s and 1960s.



© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932718-I-Cant-Write-to-Music