*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932965-Tuesday-Responses-to-Two-Blog-Prompts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#932965 added April 17, 2018 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday Responses to Two Blog Prompts
Tuesday, April 17, 2018

"O Son of Man!
I loved thy creation,hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and and fill thy soul with the spirit of life."
Baha'u'llah1

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1582
What makes us emotionally dependent on people or anything else? And do you think a person might have emotional dependencies with or without being conscious of them?

Love and Emotional Dependence

In The Hidden Words Baha'u'llah tells us that God created humanity out of love. Since we were created through the love of All-Wise Divine Essence, our souls have the capacity and desire to love and be loved. If individuals do not have another person to love, they will demonstrate love by becoming attached to a pet or an inanimate object. The problem with emotional dependence is that it can go too far and thus cripple the individual both emotionally and spiritually. Emotional dependence is crippling when we, as human beings, give another person, or anything, the power to determine what is good for us rather than placing our trust in the wisdom of God or deciding for ourselves.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1979
What are your calming rituals?

My Calming Rituals

I'm not really sure you can call it a ritual because the only time I have set aside to practice it is morning, evening, and midday. The rest of the time depends on distractions that interfere with writing or if something pisses me off. I find four things calming (1) prayer, (2) scripture reading, (3) meditation, and (4) music. My playlist is on YouTube, and most of it consists of Baha'i songs, music, and prayers.

Footnotes
1  The Hidden Words, Part I.-From the Arabic, #4.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932965-Tuesday-Responses-to-Two-Blog-Prompts