*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933428-Hour-of-reading
by brom21
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2118726
This is a test.
#933428 added April 25, 2018 at 8:48pm
Restrictions: None
Hour of reading.
This will be short as I will be going to church soon. I read about how a person who eats meat must not look down on he who does not and also that he who does not eat meat must not condemn he who does. Furthermore, we are not to judge another mans’ servant and that to his own master he stands or falls. Next, some people esteem a day as special and others esteem all days alike and that all men must be persuaded in his own mind. Next, whether we live or die we are the Lord’s. Finally, we are taught nothing is unclean of itself but he who finds fault; to him it is sin. At the end of the chapter it is mentioned that that which is not of faith is sin.
The book I’m reading has a very upfront Christian theme. I imagine it was meant for people struggling with their faith in God. There are probably over a dozen people in the book. I am very curious as to how things will progress. In the small two of Antioch, people are seeing Jesus and Marry in hedges, clouds, mildew stains and others. It is attracting country wide attention specifically for the miraculous healing of two people. The book is written in first person POV. The narrator reminisces of his days of faith and when he first moved to Antioch with his father who gave up his clergy-ship. Back then he thought he had the gift of healing. That is more or less the jest of the two chapters I read today. It took an hour.
I got up at about 10 am and had my coffee after my two readings. To remember what I read, assign mental pictures to verse content. For instance: For the part about one man preferring one day over another and others that esteem all days alike, I thought of a sun to tag it is about a day. I learned that when I listened to an audio course on memory.
It is quite warm in the house. My mom can really feel it. I noticed it as I read in the leather recliner in the living room. It did not bother me that much.
My mom and I just started the fifth season of Regular Show. I think there are eight seasons. I love it when Mortdecai slugs Rigby in the arm or the head!

Well, I have to go. My ride will be here soon. Goodbye.



© Copyright 2018 brom21 (UN: ion_7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brom21 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933428-Hour-of-reading