*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933439-reports-of-my-demise-have-been-greatly-exaggerated
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#933439 added April 25, 2018 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
If in the event of your own demise, have you considered what happens to your writing here on WDC? Does your family know how to access it? Or would you rather they not see your writing? I know I keep saying I'll get around to it.

I have thought about it, especially because my parents have been talking about wills and things like that, which makes me kind of consider the future as well. My family knows about my account here, but I have never shared my passwords with them. There are some things I’m not sure I’d want my mother to read, but I would probably leave my passwords to one of my sisters if something happened to me so that they could contact the people here in the event of my death.

I have never used this password with any other site, nor have I shared it with anyone. My mother knows about online communities and the desire to have closure. She participates in a couple forums through ravelry and has lots of online friends through an MMORPG, so I could probably trust her with the information. It’s just, I’m not sure she should read some of my stories, which she might take as her when they aren’t meant to, if that makes sense. She already does that, in some ways.

I don’t know. But I do know that when I get around to writing a will, which won’t be for a while as I have very few assets and no dependants, I’ll include instructions about my online presence.

© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933439-reports-of-my-demise-have-been-greatly-exaggerated