*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933775-MHWA-May-Challenge-Task-2-MisMisdiagnosis
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#933775 added May 3, 2018 at 9:42pm
Restrictions: None
MHWA May Challenge Task #2: MisMisdiagnosis
"Invalid Item Task 2: Misdiagnosis happens quite often since many forms of mental illness have similarities to one another. Have you ever experienced being misdiagnosed? If so, share your journey with us. If not, find an article or blog online that tells a story of someone else who was misdiagnosed and share what you learned.

How Misdiagnosis Prevented Me from Moving on to Recovery – guest blog post By Andy (“Electroboy”) Behrman1

In "How Misdiagnosis Prevented Me from Moving on to Recovery", Mr. Behrman--who suffers from bipolar disorder--shares his story of being misdiagnosed for over ten years by eight different doctors. One of the things that struck me was Mr. Bahrman's statement about visiting the doctors only during the depression part of the illness. This may have caused part of the misdiagnosis. Mr. Behrman persisted until he finally found a doctor and combination of medications that worked for him. Once he was on the road to dealing with his illness, he wrote a book titled Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania. He is also involved in educating the public about this illness.

Footnotes
1  http://namimass.org/how-misdiagnosis-prevented-me-from-moving-on-to-recovery-gue...


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933775-MHWA-May-Challenge-Task-2-MisMisdiagnosis