*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933777-Stuff-and-Things
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2147746
Gettin' to know me.
#933777 added May 1, 2018 at 4:57pm
Restrictions: None
Stuff and Things
Oy, this is awful. Have I really let 20 days slip away without writing here? Yikes!

Welp, things have happened, as they often do when days and days and days pass:

*Right* I sold our chickens. Turns out, the city requires a backyard inspection and a $50 fee to keep chickens. Not a huge deal except that our backyard is NOT ready for visitors. We're tearing down an old crappy chicken coop (pun intended!) and the shed needs siding, so it looks pretty horrendous right now. We don't have a lawnmower (yet) so we're currently wading through a jungle out there.

Which is why I wanted a sheep or a goat. Or both. One to mow the grass and the other to mow down the blackberries that are starting to grow. I normally love blackberries and at our old house we had a huge bush of'em. My daughter used to pick them and sell the berries, in fact. However, these blackberries are growing in the middle of the yard and that is unacceptable.

To have a goat or sheep (or both) we're back to getting permission from the city and paying that fee. I've also discovered that our backyard isn't big enough for a backyard farm unless we dry lot the animals...and that could be expensive. Right now we're trying to save money for sensible things like energy efficient windows, siding, and better wiring for the house.

So no goats, sheep, or chickens until we're able to fling money into the wind.

Sheesh. I would SO love to win the lottery about now!

*Right* Had my birthday! Since I sold the chickens Mathman got me couch and loveseat, instead of a chicken coop. We've desperately been needing more seats for all the rears in the family, so I was thrilled with the furniture!

*Right* Homeschooling is close to closing. Only 1 month and a couple of state testing left and the kids will have summer off. Well, off from worksheets, etc. They'll still have projects to do: sewing, building, creating, swimming lessons, etc.

Of course, I'm already prepping projects and lessons for the 2018/2019 school year.

*Right* After a couple of months of the whole family being healthy (quite a feat for a large family like ours!), the kids caught a cold. Dang it! We're still in the midst of sneezing and snot-worms. Lovely image, eh?

*Right* Another birthday has come for one of the redheaded minions kids! They're all growing so fast!! (sniff-sniff!)

Well, I need to get my goals ironed out. I'll probably post'em tomorrow. And hopefully I won't be so tired and lazy that I can't keep up with this blog!

© Copyright 2018 Genipher (UN: geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Genipher has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933777-Stuff-and-Things