*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933817-India
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#933817 added May 2, 2018 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
India
India is very particular as to the method of teaching Truth to people. In the Western world, the method is different. Usually, the disciple has to be coaxed to accept the teacher, but in India, the disciple seeks the teacher.
Hinduism is thousands of years old. Recent archaeological discoveries have proven that India’s civilization is older than Egypt. Therefore, India precedes in almost all forms of development. In the beginning, each nation, like a child, is busy with material development, then intellectual development, then spiritual development. India went through these three stages long ago. That is why India has had a change to put down all dogmas and understand the Truth. That is why people with different believes have left the temples and gone into the quiet places where great teachers live the life and who are not elected by a church board. India has gone through that process of religious evolution.
I used to fall to the ground to purify my body in the dust on which these Saints had walked. I met three Souls of an exalted character. They had God in their hearts. If you met them you would ask: “Have they a following?” I would answer: “No. They live in a little hut with a few students around them.” Americans would think they were odd because they had no following, but I would rather sit with one of those Saints and know that I am in the presence of God than be associated with a great following of those who have no Self-Realization.

Day after day, as I sat with these Saints, all the darkness and gloom of doubt began to vanish and I began to perceive the God that everyone forgot, and the God was real. In that vast shroud of nature, He is sleeping and He does not care whether you call Him or not. You cannot rouse Him except by your love and desire to know Him.

If your heart is ready if you are desirous of knowing God, and you continuously, again and again, march toward the Spirit, then you will meet the Saints of India and recognize them, otherwise, you may meet them and yet not recognize them. If you will follow such a teacher with due reverence and with open eyes, you will save yourself years of wasted time, for no one can lead you to God unless he himself has first found God.
This is the theme of India: The Saints are not found in the temples and churches. The people of India do not go into temples to learn the deeper Truths. They go where there are real teachers. If a Saint lives in the woods it does not matter, as the devotee is seeking Self-Realization, wherever he may find it.

Many times I have upbraided myself for not more completely understanding my Master when I lived with him. I lived and ate with him but I did not fully realize his greatness. So, remember this, if you ever go to India, visit some of those spiritual giants. Keyserling and Brunton met some of them. Keyserling said: “When I was walking by the banks of the Ganges, I felt the invisible vibrations that the Masters had left there in meditation.”

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933817-India