*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934025-Sunday-Thoughts-on-Changing-Religions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#934025 added May 6, 2018 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday Thoughts on Changing Religions
Jamál (Beauty), 9 Jamál (Beauty) 175 B.E. - Sunday, May 6, 2018

"The difference between a Christian and a Baha’i, therefore, is this: There was a former springtime, and there is a springtime now. No other difference exists because the foundations are the same. Whoever acts completely in accordance with the teachings of Christ is a Baha’i. The purpose is the essential meaning of Christian, not the mere word. The purpose is the sun itself and not the dawning points. For though the sun is one sun, its dawning points are many. We must not adore the dawning points but worship the sun. We must adore the reality of religion and not blindly cling to the appellation Christianity. The Sun of Reality must be worshiped and followed. We must seek the fragrance of the rose from whatever bush it is blooming–whether oriental or western. Be seekers of light, no matter from which lantern it shines forth. Be not lovers of the lantern."
Abdu’l-Baha1

Sometime in the last century, I changed religions. I became a Baha'i. When I became a Baha'i I didn't have to give up my belief in Christ because both Christ and Baha'u'llah are mirrors reflecting the attributes of God. Both were recipients of the Holy Spirit. Both reveled the Unknowable Essence of the Almighty Creator to humanity. Christ came at a time when the world was in darkness, and when Baha'u'llah came the world had descended into the darkness of hate and prejudice. The inner teachings of both Christ and Baha'u'llah are identical, the only difference is the maturity of the human race.

When Christ came, humanity was still immature. His Holiness Christ focused His teaching on the understanding of the human race at that time. However, today humanity is moving from adolescence into adulthood. Therefore Baha'u'llah's revelation, teachings, is focused on a mature humanity. This is a glorious age when world peace and unity will arrive. Baha'u'llah's teachings are focused toward the maturity of the human species.

It is spring again,
the divine springtime has returned
Christ, the Anointed One, has returned
in the Glory of the Father,
The Glory of God,
Baha'u'llah.

Footnotes
1  The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 247.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934025-Sunday-Thoughts-on-Changing-Religions