*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934149-May-8-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#934149 added May 8, 2018 at 7:07am
Restrictions: None
May 8, 2018
"May 8, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: May 8, is national teacher's day. Write a tribute to a special teacher.

My special teacher wasn't in school per se. I actually had three very special teachers. All three were preachers who enrolled me in Bible study courses and graded and mentored me along the way. One was the man who met me the day after I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior. I had a severe cluster headache and the doctor had given me a shot of demerol. I was admitted because they did not want me driving home. When I awoke the next day I was in the room and my roommate told me he was a preacher. I told him I had just become a Christian and did not know a thing about Christianity except that I believed. He took me under his wing and for the next three months taught me intensively using a correspondence course. I do not remember his name. After he was finished he turned me over to Frank Love, an evangelist who took me further along in my studies. Frank baptized me as well and taught me a ton using correspondence courses he had available. Once Frank went to another post I also moved and went under the tutelage of Evangelist George Hall who taught me the Old Testament and how the prophecies in it were fulfilled in the New Testament in the Person of Jesus Christ. To all the atheists out there I pose a challenge. Study the Old Testament prophecies concerning Christ. You will find that they all met fulfillment and not only does the Old Testament predict the way He would die hundreds of years prior to His birth, but it also predicts when He would die, where He would die, when He would be born, and every other major event in His life. I was once an atheist myself but realized that the fulfillment of such prophecies was no mere coincidence. Thank you to Frank, George, Brother Hayward, and all of the teachers of the hundreds of Internet courses I have taken and am taking on the Bible. I also thank all the teachers of the Bible college I attended. I wish I had been a Bible major but am now remedying that by taking an online Bible college program. I currently have about 60 of my needed 128 credits to graduate and have nearly completed my associate degree program after which I plan to transfer into the Bachelor program at the same school. My goal is to obtain my doctorate of divinity degree.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards
Sig for nominees

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934149-May-8-2018