*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935017-Motivational-Monday-A-Triple-Dose-of-Motivation
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#935017 added May 21, 2018 at 3:29pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: A Triple Dose of Motivation
Kamál (Perfection), 5 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 175 B.E. - Monday, May 21, 2018

“Every divine Manifestation is the very life of the world, and the skilled physician of each ailing soul.”
Abdu’l-Baha1

Do I need more motivation at the beginning of the week than at the end? If that is the case, then I have received a triple dose of motivation this week. On Sunday, I went to the monthly Devotional Services at the Baha'i Center in Las Vegas. The theme (I felt) for the May Devotional was the Holy Spirit reflected through the Divine Manifestations sent by the Almighty. Some of the sacred readings were from the Baha'i scriptures, the Holy Qur'an, and the Holy Bible. One of the phrases used by the speaker, who discussed the concept of progressive revelation was "God's Religion". Last night, before going to sleep, I began a poem using that title.


God's Religion

It is the power
of the spiritual to inspire
through the Essence of Divinity
humanity's reawakening.

So far, that is all I have written. The plan is to write a stanza on some of the different Manifestations, such as Baha'u'llah, the Bab, Christ, Muhammad, Abraham, Krishna, and Buddha. Right now, I am planning only nine stanzas, the introductory stanza the stanzas about each of the Manifestations I have listed, and an epilogue stanza. I will work on the poem again this evening before going to sleep because I appear to be able to write spiritual poems easier after prayer and scripture readings. If I get an idea for a line or stanza earlier, I will write it in my journal.

My second dose of motivation came through the snail mail. It was a postcard form The StoryMaster and The StoryMistress . The message on the front of the card read:

You are
amazing.
Remember that.

The third dose was a series article, by Cynthia Barnes-Slater< I am reading on BaahiTeachings.org2 titled " Tests Troubles & Help from on High"3. I aught to be able to accomplish a lot with three doses of motivation.

Footnotes
1  Selections from the Writings of Abdu’l-Baha, p. 59.
2  http://bahaiteachings.org/
3  http://bahaiteachings.org/series/tests-troubles-help-from-on-high


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935017-Motivational-Monday-A-Triple-Dose-of-Motivation