*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935242-Working-Faith---James-218-26
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
#935242 added November 8, 2019 at 10:09am
Restrictions: None
Working Faith - James 2:18-26
The book of James in the Bible is rich with inspiration and correction. Sometimes, it can be a difficult book to read due to the nature of man and the truth of the Word. As it is with those seeking truth and finding it, one is expected to act upon the revelations of Holy Spirit.

James 2:18-26 tells the follower of Christ this very thing and challenges the simplified belief that many possess this day and age. It is quite common to hear someone say that they believe in God. We can take that statement for granted and find ourselves in the "belief without works" trap. By works, of course, James is not referring to the outward busyness that appears as servanthood, but rather he is referring to the heart, the inner man, where faith is put into action through deeds of heartfelt benevolence and change. Believers should care for the sick and hungry and the struggling in the body and community with a Christ-like love, not a puffed up pride or checklist mentality.

How can one measure if their beliefs and works align to become an actual relationship with Jesus Christ that leads to true sanctification and not just lip service or outward appearance? James 2:19b, AMP, states, "The demons [believe], and shudder and bristle [in awe-filled terror - they have seen His wrath!]" Yes, even the demons believe in God, yet they do not serve or love God. And, as a Christ-follower, we are to believe, serve, and love Him and, through that relationship, others.

When Holy Spirit reveals to you a truth, even a difficult truth, about yourself, the right thing to do is to seek change in yourself. We are so quick to seek change in others, not acknowledging that we are oftentimes the very cause of the frustration in our lives regarding others and circumstances, either by directly creating them or by not changing the things within ourselves that cause our own anger, pain, guilt, shame, and irritation. Prayerfully seek Christ in situations of angst and ask Him to reveal to you the cause of your issues, the roots, so that you can be empowered by Holy Spirit to act on the revelations and allow your faith to be completed "reaching its maturity when [faith is] expressed through obedience," and see change in your life and community through action in faith.

James 4:17, AMP, says, "So any person who knows what is right to do but does not do it, to him it is sin."

Read all of James 2:18-26 Amplified version here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+2%3A18-26&version=AMP
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935242-Working-Faith---James-218-26