*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935480
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
#935480 added November 8, 2019 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
Love Banner - Song of Songs 2:4
Love is something that we all crave. While some choose to lie about this desire, the longing to experience love and be loved is in us all. While Jesus Christ has all things in Heaven and on earth, He will never force one's love. This is a powerful truth to know that we can give something to the Lord that He cannot have without our willingness to give it, something unique that no one else can give Him, and that is our love.

Song of Songs (Solomon) 2:6, AMP, says, "He brought me to his banqueting place and his banner over me is love [waving overhead to protect and comfort me]." This can confuse the reader without the right context, so let's gain a little context. In Old Testament days, military men marched with banners to indicate their section, loyalty, etc. These banners would help to identify safety and allies to those in battle. When bannermen were slain, others would rally to take up the banner. We know this is true of the American Flag, as well, the "banner" of the United States.

The banner of this sort was large and were intricately worked in embroidery and were ornamented in a beautiful way. There were also smaller flags that individual tribes carried, which could carry the name of the tribe or an identifying color. These were a great deal less ornate. There was also the stationary banner, erected on tops of mountains or other high areas, where it could be clearly seen, indicating whose land it was. This, of course, was the signal for war horns to be sounded in times of battle.

We know from Jeremiah 6:1 that sometimes fire was a banner of sorts, a signal of where enemies lay in wait or where allies rallied together. We see that when God establishes His banner, it is for His presence, protection, and aid, along with His blessing, covering, and anointing. Anointing, in simple terms, is feeling His presence. (Psalm 20:5, 60:4; Song of Songs 2:4)

We live in a wearying time today. We live in a time where love is difficult to find, even in ourselves. To love oneself and to love others and to experience the great adventure that is romantic love is limited. Social Medial leads to great isolation, Hollywood lies about what love is and warps the desire, tainting it with poisonous darkness. And through it all, God shows us what love is and calls us to love Him in return, as His banner of love waves over us, identifying us as His own people, under His protection, covered by His power.

What is keeping you from seeking Him fully and giving Him your love? Is it the brokenness of past relationships? Is it that you've never known love and only have experienced rejection? Is it that Hollywood has told you love is tainted with lust and abuse and abandonment and infidelity? Is it the fear of the unknown? Whatever it is, I want to assure you that you are safe to love the Lord with all that you are and receive His perfect love in return. Read 1 Corinthians 13 and revel in the banner of love that the Lord has over you today.

Romans 8:38-39, AMP, says, "For I am convinced [and continue to be convinced—beyond any doubt] that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present and threatening, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the [unlimited] love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Read all of 1 Corinthians 13, Amplified, here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+corinthians+13&version=AMP
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935480