*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935749
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
#935749 added November 8, 2019 at 9:57am
Restrictions: None
Free to Know - Galatians 5
It was so important to the disciples that the followers of Christ, an ever-growing group of men and women in a hostile time, knew who Christ was for themselves. It was important that the believers knew the truth and didn't just listen to the words of others, misleading teaching. They needed to have a firm foundation, an anchor, so that they couldn't be knocked about by whatever winds chose to blow or whatever storm arose.

The same is true today. I would even daresay that the need is greater today, more dire and urgent, due to all the information that is available with the mere click of a mouse or flick of a finger. Without seeking God in His word, seeking for oneself to hear Him speak and to understand what His word says, it is too easy to adhere to the world's belief system wrapped in a "Christian" package than to truly follow the Lord.

The danger here lies not only in the lifestyle compromises we pick up for ourselves, but also in the ones we pass on to our family and friends...or the world overall through social media. It is tempting to take the Cliff Notes route in life, but with the Word of God, this is a dangerous thing to do.

Galatians is full of warnings regarding false teachings and false doctrines. The warnings are not just for the deceiver, but also for the receiver. Galatians 5:7-9, AMP, states, "You were running [the race] well; who has interfered and prevented you from obeying the truth? This [deceptive] persuasion is not from Him who called you [to freedom in Christ]. A little leaven [a slight inclination to error, or a few false teachers] leavens the whole batch [it perverts the concept of faith and misleads the church]."

Without sound doctrine, a whole church is misled. The Pastor and staff are accountable for the people in their church and the individual is accountable for their own soul. God has given us the truth in His word and through the sacrifices of those who brought the Bible to us in our language. There is no excuse for those who mislead and those who are misled.

Matthew 7:7, Amp: Ask and keep on asking and it will be given to you; seek and keep on seeking and you will find; knock and keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you.

Ask for clarity, wisdom, understanding, and it will be yours. Seek the Lord and you will find Him. God's Word is there for us to read, study, meditate, understand, and share...Holy Spirit dwells in you and empowers you to understand that which confounds the wise. Are you willing to go deeper in God's Word? Start today!

Read all of Galatians 5, Amplified version, here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians+5&version=AMP
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935749