*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935791-Motivational-Monday-Questions-about-Happiness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#935791 added June 4, 2018 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Questions about Happiness
Kamál (Perfection), 19 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 175 B.E. - Monday, June 4, 2018

"The soul of man must be happy, no matter where he is. One must attain to that condition of inward beatitude and peace, then outward circumstances will not alter his spiritual calmness and joyousness."
Abdu’l-Baha12

Does my religion make me happy? This is a paraphrase of the question ask by David Langness in the first of a series of article about "Religion and Laughter"3. This question is pertinent at this time because of an event that happened yesterday to bring me down. That event--my car giving up the ghost--knocked me into a deep depression. After reading prayers revealed by Baha'u'llah, I could feel a smile on my face. The prayer revealed by Baha'u'llah, the Bab, and 'Abdu'l-Baha always make me happy. When I read and meditate on the scripture revealed by the Bab and Baha'u'llah, I am happy. The only time depression hits is when I focus on material problems without taking them to the Glorious Lord. To answer the question, "Yes, my religion, my spiritual path, makes me happy."


What Makes Me Happy?45

Placing my problems
in the hands of the Blessed Beauty,
reading the revealed Words of the Almighty,
and taking action that the Holy Spirit reveals.

Footnotes
1  Star of the West, Volume 4, p. 161.
2  Quoted in "Does Your Religion Make You Happy?" by David Langness http://bahaiteachings.org/religion-make-happy.
3  http://bahaiteachings.org/series/religion-and-laughter
4  Paraphrase of the question ask by David Langness in "What Makes Us Truly Happy?" http://bahaiteachings.org/makes-us-truly-happy.
5  Posted on Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges from her Cocoon.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935791-Motivational-Monday-Questions-about-Happiness