*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936132
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
#936132 added November 8, 2019 at 9:52am
Restrictions: None
The Lost Art of Being Still - Psalm 46:10
I need to stay busy. If I'm not busy, I tend to waste a great amount of time. In addition to time wasting, I also tend to think about things a bit too much when I'm not busy. This can lead to an overactive brain running rampant day and night. So, I need to stay busy.

Today's technology keeps all of us busy and connected with instant communication. It is difficult to imagine a world without cell phones and computers and the world wide web, but that world did exist. In fact, cell phones were just starting to replace pagers when I was in high school and cell phones were simple flip phones that allowed you to store a small amount of numbers and make phone calls. Before that time, and honestly, throughout high school, I kept busy by reading.

With all the busyness encouraged and sought in our world today, being still is definitely a lost art. Sitting quietly with the Lord or choosing not to run toward the closest answer or the one you want, rather than waiting on Lord's direction, is rare these days. Yet, it is vital to our walks with God and our lives as believers.

To sit with the Lord and not say a word, just soak up His presence, is a comfort thing. There are some who cannot let a silence go unfilled. When people can sit together in silence and not feel the need to speak or break the silence, there is a great testimony there to the level of friendship they're sharing. The same is true of God.

When we are in our relationship with God, we need to be able to take those times to be still and know that He is who He said He is. It is in those times that we are refreshed and our relationship with Him is built. This stillness in the physical sense would require unplugging from technology and just being with Him for the sake of who He is. To be still in the emotional way (soul, mind, emotions, etc.), one would not make a move toward an option until they are assured of what it is Jesus wants them to do.

Take some time daily out of your hectic, rapid pace of life and just be still in order to know this amazing God we serve!

“Be still and know (recognize, understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth.” - Psalm 46:10, AMP
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936132