*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936203-Phew
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#936203 added June 13, 2018 at 8:22am
Restrictions: None
Phew
Twenty three days since the last entry seems almost impossible, but in my defence it has been an extremely busy time. When isn't it?

Thankfully we've enjoyed some better weather on and off which is most welcome to this sun worshipper. However, the week I spent with my sister in Northumberland was cloudy, cool and windy. The weather witch is alive and well. But it was a lovely break and we did a lot of walking as well as eating, drinking, getting lost, reminiscing and laughing. It's a lovely part of our island where we stayed by the sea and also visited Newcastle, Durham, Sunderland, Tynemouth and other interesting places. We'll definitely be going south next time, God willing, in the hope of better weather conditions.

Dennis now has a cat flap which has advantages and disadvantages, but at least it enabled him to come and go as he pleased while I was away. My cat sitter was on hand and although she visited every day she didn't see him once. My son also helped out.

I've spent some time with good friends which I always appreciate. Now my son has moved out I've had to get used to being alone again and it's not easy. Seeing other people is very important in these circumstances. I looked after the grand monsters for two days while he moved house and they are now settled in the new area. It's a lovely house in a very quiet and safe area and I'm hoping this will be the start of better things to come for them all. The children have coped amazingly well and made loads of new friends already. This will help tremendously with the transition to new schools when the time comes.

His wife is still in hospital and still displaying signs of paranoia, so is likely to be there for a while yet. She hasn't seen much of the children as a social worker has to take them and her time is limited. It makes us sad, particularly as Bobby had his fifth birthday last week, but there is little we can do. All we hope for is that she will ultimately respond to treatment and help, be able to interact with the children but accept her relationship with my son is over and be amicable and reasonable about things. I suspect the latter will be unlikely.

I'm hoping for a quieter time during the rest of the summer, but won't hold my breath as life rarely behaves as we wish in my experience.

I keep forgetting to add the links to chapters of my book. The last two are short background entries, but the one I am writing at present is extremely painful and intense. I appreciate feedback enormously, but please don't feel obligated. This is a personal project and not something intended specifically for WDC.





I'm also on a diet...again. *Rolleyes*

© Copyright 2018 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936203-Phew