*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934923-Changes-Ahead
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#934923 added May 20, 2018 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
Changes Ahead

It seems Mey Ling has been sectioned and will be detained on a psychiatric ward for at least twenty-eight days. We don't know the details, but my son has been told not to take the children to see her although she has been phoning them. He presently has full custody of the children and it is likely their mother will only be able to see them under supervision when the time comes. It's all very sad and certainly not what we wanted, but it has been obvious to us for a long time that she has severe mental health problems and I can only wonder why this has not been dealt with before now. But whatever problems she has are better handled by professionals and we can only hope things will improve as it would be very distressing for her not to see her children and unfair on them too.

The future is still very uncertain and there is no point predicting, but for the time being the focus has to be on the future of my son and the children. He is presently clearing and cleaning the house they have lived in and will be moving much closer to myself in just over a week. We did not know the children were going to be in his full time care so it now looks likely they will have to transfer to different schools which will be upsetting and a big upheaval for them, but hopefully for the best ultimately. It's a fresh start for them all and I can only hope for the better. My one wish would be for my son to eventually meet someone who would treat him with the respect and love he deserves, but I leave that to fate. I know it's his least concern at present and we don't tend to have much luck when it comes to happy ever after.

I know my role is going to involve the children a lot more than I anticipated and I can only do my best for them all. Although I have always feared his relationship would never be a success story, I could never have predicted the series of events leading up to this. I wish things could have ended differently, but he has no choice but to leave her behind now and focus on a new life. I just hope and pray we can all cope with it and things may settle into a more peaceful time. I better touch wood.


© Copyright 2018 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934923-Changes-Ahead