*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936218-My-Fantasy-World-and-Solo-Travel
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#936218 added June 12, 2018 at 6:09pm
Restrictions: None
My Fantasy World and Solo Travel
Prompt: What would your personal fantasy world be like? Can you describe it in detail? Would it be like the earth and its inhabitants or something totally different?

-----------

My personal fantasy world is where there are no wars, and no living being has to eat another living being to survive. Success is defined in terms of kindness and generosity. Money and power are only needed for survival, but having too much of them is something to be ashamed of.

As to the elements, the weather is always mild, and there are more colors everywhere. People can fly like the birds and can dive into the ocean like the fish. Here, all living things are sacred, and all living things take care of one another, even if they are of a different species. Hurting a member of any species has the highest punishment. Thus, no species can become extinct, ever.

My world also consists of numerous planets, and some of them are empty. This has to do with the idea of procreation. Having children is fine as children are cute and much loved by everyone, but since there’s no death and no threat to the family line, people usually opt not to have kids. Then, since our bodies will be working differently, having or not having them is a very easy option, which will be totally left to the couples; however, if this world gets too crowded, the other empty planets are easy to get to and inhabit.

Our present world will be thought of as the fantasy world and the arts and literature will be there to show it as a pastime or for thrills. Anyone who wants to study any one kind of the arts will be encouraged. In fact, discouraging people from studying anything they want will be considered a huge crime.

tiny heart


Prompt: Do you think travel is stressful, and what would you do if you found yourself alone in a foreign country where you don’t know the language and you don’t even know if there’s an embassy of your country?

=======

Yes, travel is stressful although it depends on the conditions and where you are going. As to finding myself alone in a foreign country, it has happened to me and it was no fun. But then, please don’t shortchange the humankind; many people were very helpful and I made friends with a lot of them.

The good thing about the English language, in most countries, there is always someone who, at least, half understands what you are saying. Still, it is a good idea to carry a phrase book of the language of that country. Even if you can't pronounce the words, you can point to the sentence in the book to the people.

There’s something to be said about traveling solo because the pleasure is doubled for being on one’s own schedule, at least for me. Still, if you are a people person, you may feel lonely if you can’t talk the local language, and it sometimes hurts to know that the friendships you made will be temporary. Also, when you’re alone, dangers may intensify, but the rewards are usually much greater. For, when you return, you’ll feel a sense of accomplishment since you took on yourself a challenge many people would find daunting.

© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936218-My-Fantasy-World-and-Solo-Travel