*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936311-Birthdays-and-Fascinating--Life
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#936311 added June 14, 2018 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
Birthdays and Fascinating (!) Life
Prompt: "Start each day like it was your Birthday." Kate Spade How would you live each day if every day was your Birthday?

=============

I am not too crazy about my birthday, and every day can’t be a birthday, because we are only born once in one day of the year. If every day was my birthday, I would hate my life.

This is different for children since they get to invite their friends over and have a party and they get presents, and especially if a present is something they wanted, it makes them happy. Since I am old and do not want too many material possessions and I value my quiet time when I can read or write, birthdays with parties can become tiring and boring.

Having said that, I am glad I was born and I am grateful to those people who remember my birthday. Their remembering is like saying they are glad I am around.

I like other people’s birthdays much better than mine and saying “Happy Birthday” to someone is an acknowledgment of someone’s existence. It’s always nice to recognize someone and make them feel loved


Mixed flowers in a basket



Prompt: "In order to lead a fascinating life, one brimming with art, music, intrigue and romance, you must surround yourself with precisely these things." Kate Spade What is your take on this? I'm in a Kate Spade mood, so I will be using quotes from her.

====

Okay, I would partly agree if someone else had said that. In Kate Spade’s case, it seems that didn’t work so well for her, unfortunately.

I would partly agree because not all romances are perfect and I stay away from intrigue. Art and Music, however, I'd go for those, 100%.

For life to be fascinating, one needs curiosity and a sense of adventure, then, most importantly, making the best of every situation, even one's own birthday party.



© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936311-Birthdays-and-Fascinating--Life