*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936648-Fight-for-it---Jude-3-4
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
#936648 added November 8, 2019 at 9:41am
Restrictions: None
Fight for it! - Jude 3-4
Our faith is vital and needs to be fought for. Today, Christianity is under attack. We aren't called to wage physical war. We are called to fight the spiritual battles and to ensure that we do not compromise our lives and our faith in order to blend in with society.

My favorite portion of Scripture is Romans 12. We are told in the second verse that we are not to be conformed to the ways of this world. We can see that it is easy to blend in, especially when Christians are being attacked verbally and legally. However, we need to stand firm and fight for our faith.

It is important to remember that Jesus Christ stood firm in the most unpopular ways and never wavered from the truth and His love for people or for God, His Father. As followers of Him, we need to stand firm for the truth of God's Word and love others. How do we do that? Jesus, and ultimately His disciples, show us this in the Gospels.

Life will have its trials and difficulties and you will find yourself standing alone at times against the popular tide of compromise. Yet, know that you will be empowered through Holy Spirit in order to stand tall when others kneel.

Dear friends, I've dropped everything to write you about this life of salvation that we have in common. I have to write insisting - begging! - that you fight with everything you have in you for this faith entrusted to us as a gift to guard and cherish. What has happened is that some people have infiltrated our ranks (our Scriptures warned us this would happen), who beneath their pious skin are shameless scoundrels. Their design is to replace the sheet grace of our God with sheer license - which means doing away with Jesus Christ, our one and only Master. - Jude 3-4, MSG
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936648-Fight-for-it---Jude-3-4