*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936878-June-25-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#936878 added June 28, 2018 at 1:32pm
Restrictions: None
June 25, 2018
"June 25, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

{image"1997652-50%} "Prompt: Write about a wonderful weekend. Either one you remember or one you experienced recently."

Every weekend is a wonderful weekend for me because I get to spend Sunday with my church family. We have our Sunday morning worship service starting with Sunday school. I share the responsibility of teaching Sunday school. Then we have worship service. Once worship serv ice is completed we cook a huge meal, load it into Cambro containers and take it to the housing projects where we feed the hungry. Then after that we come back to church and have our evening service. I always enjoy that.

Blog City image small"Prompt: In an interview, Charles Krauthammer said, about his paralysis, “I made a promise to myself on day one [after my injury]. I was not going to allow it to alter my life. You get two choices. You can be hopeless and despairing, or you can live your life. And to me, there was basically no option.”

What are some of those difficult things you do not let to change your life? If you do not want to write about yourself, write about someone you know or even a story character."

I lived through a lot of abuse when I was a child and then 35 years of drug addiction as an adult. The addiction occasionally sneaks back in and blind sides me but I decided many years ago that I wasn't going to be bitter about my past. The way I look at is is that if even one second of my past was ever altered the paradoxical effect would change me from who I am today and I like who I am today.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936878-June-25-2018