*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936991-LIFE
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#936991 added June 27, 2018 at 6:52pm
Restrictions: None
LIFE
LIFE (movement of)

There are three things that we have to understand very deeply if we are to comprehend the whole movement of life. They are time, sorrow, and death. These three are not separate.

Time becomes a barrier to actual perception. It prevents us from seeing the truth of something immediately because we think we must take time over it. The moment we admit time, we are cultivating that peculiar laziness that prevents us from seeing immediately the thing as it is. Time deceives. Can time stop? If we are able to see the whole process of our own activity immediately, then that very perception is the action that destroys time.

Merely to accept sorrow is not only stupid but also makes for a dull, insensitive, brutal, superficial mind. There must be no acceptance of it and no denial of it. Sorrow is rooted in self-pity---because of disease, losing someone by death, not fulfilling yourself, etc. When you are free of self-pity, you have deprived sorrow of all the sentimentality and emotionalism that springs from self-pity. Then you are able to look at sorrow with complete attention. The moment one’s mind is completely in contact with the fact of sorrow, that fact itself resolves all the sorrow producing qualities of time and thought. Therefore there is the ending of sorrow.

Death and life are not separate , but are intimately related. One is afraid, not of the unknown, but of losing the known—the family, companions, possessions, experiences. There must be freedom from the known because then the mind is made fresh, new, and there is no fear. The mind has to die each minute, never accumulating. Such a mind is innocent and therefore in a constant state of love.

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936991-LIFE